Thursday 9 September 2010

It Burns So Good

I find myself obsessed with Wasabi I don’t seem to be able to get enough of the stuff. I’m not pretentious or anything but I decided to try one of those sushi packs they sell in your local supermarket, instead of opting for the usual ploughman’s sandwich. I wasn’t overly fussed with the main part of the meal, but that little green sachet that came packed with the fish shaped bottle of soy sauce, proved itself to contain something truly amazing. Delicious mouth burning Wasabi.


This obsession has proved to be sufficient enough for me to trawl through the net to find a good cheap source of the fiery substance. In the end I found myself on: www.japancentre.com/. An amazing website on which I ended up spending a lot more than I intended. My original plan was to make myself all the way to the check out with just a tube of wasabi. However this didn’t happen and I soon found my basket full of noodles, snack foods and sake : )

Wasabi is amazing stuff i think my love of it will stay for at least a while. Its burn is more like mustard than chili effecting the nose not the mouth, a plus to this is that the burn can be washed away with water unlike chili which is oil based. Wasabi is tastiest when you mix it with Soy Sauce and create Wasabi-joyu a salty spicy taste sensation. I just have to find something to eat it with now : (

Udon Noodles

Shrimp peanut thingies (apparently really popular bar food)

Wasabi Paste



Wasabi Peas (also popular bar food, i hate pea's but could Wasabi be so great that it can make pea's nice?)



Noodle Cup (Basicly Japanese pot noodle)

























No comments:

Post a Comment